Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAM done....1st test results

1. Back To Top    #1

SLAM done....1st test results

We are done slamming, passed an OCLT, and have clear water!

Now I have done my 1st complete set of tests and not exactly sure how to proceed. The last 4 readings all seem high and I'm hoping I can get the CH and CYA down with our winter drain and spring refill. But what about the PH and TA?

FC 7.5
    CC 0
    TA 160
    PH 7.8
    CH 380
    CYA 65
    Julie
    33' AGP, 26k gal
    26" Eco kleer sand filter, 1.5 HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SLAM done....1st test results

Lower pH to 7.2 and TA will come down, slowly, after several pH adjustments. If your pH isn't drifting, it may not matter if TA is 160 though.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok..thanks!

I went to our local hardware store and bought a jug of muriatic acid. It does not say anything about concentration. The label says "safer muriatic acid". Is this the right thing?
    Julie
    33' AGP, 26k gal
    26" Eco kleer sand filter, 1.5 HP pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Unfortunately, that's the weak stuff. You can adjust pool calculator to make it work though. Most of what I buy is branded Transchem or ... oops, forgot the other one. It isn't Safer. It has gotten to where most hardware stores keep it outside instead of on the paint aisle. My last trip I couldn't find it and when I said "no, the real stuff", they knew what I was looking for.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!