Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best retrofit timer for two-speed pump with Polaris 280

1. Back To Top    #1

Best retrofit timer for two-speed pump with Polaris 280

I have a big in-ground pool with an Intermatic box that has space for two timers. I have a whisperflow two speed 220v pump and a Polaris 280 pump.

I've used the tightwatt 2 timer for a few years and liked it a lot until the relay that controls the pump on low-speed quit working. I've looked at the intermatic P1353ME digital timer and it didn't have some of the features I liked about the Tightwatt. I liked the tightwatt and may have to disassemble it and solder in a new relay, but would prefer to find something from a company that's still in business.

Are there other digital timers available that will handle pump high and low plus a cleaner pump?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Best retrofit timer for two-speed pump with Polaris 280

Welcome to TFP!

I know this is an older post and no one answered it, but wanted to encourage you to continue to post and ask questions. Not every question gets an answer, but we should have at least welcomed you to the forum.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"