"Plugged" Filter-Elements 4-run WITHOUT D.E. installed : ?

Sep 3, 2013
"At Large" ; )
I ran-short of D.E. the last time I back-flushed awhile ago and just got some in yesterday...meanwhile My Filter Elements seem to have become perpetually plugged-up, for despite My repeated "Back-Flushing" I can't get My system pressure to stay "Normal" for very-long at all...I've read of this situation before - where the D.E. Filter Elements PLUGGED-UP for running the System WITHOUT any D.E. installed ~ but can't remember how they may become cleaned-up to then be "re-started" WITH D.E. properly installed : ?

Re: "Plugged" Filter-Elements 4-run WITHOUT D.E. installed :

I'm looking to get a container (30 gal. Plastic Garbage Can, etc.) large enough to contain them for a good soaking in either a Muriatic Acid or Bleach solution for the next-time I take it completely apart...

I've back-flushed it (incl. "Rinse") again and immediatly added D.E., and NOW it seems to be working great ~ the Water is crystal-clear and the Vessel Pressure is holding-steady @ 22 psi ~ go-figure : ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.