Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Heater Rusted, Mosquitos, & Surface Movement

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Heater Rusted, Mosquitos, & Surface Movement

Hi, we just closed on a house. Our first pool! And the heater top grate is really rusted. Do they sell replacements for this or should I take it off and spray it with anything?

Also, the filter was leaking a bit before we cleaned it. I guess this was supporting some water and algae to form on concrete by the pool equipment. The amount of mosquitos was/is insane. It's still pretty bad. Should I install an electrical zapper near the area? Any advice?

As a side note, our pool went from murky and cloudy to beautifully clear thanks to this site! I was able to balance the pool with dry acid! Also, the pool didnt have good water movement, but it does now. I think there might be a blockage somewhere in the system because sometimes it is very still and othertimes there is nice surface movement. Weird right?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    28k IG with Spa, hayward Super 2hp pump,
    120BTU Heater, Pentair PXC125 cartridge filter
    Love my Dogs, Maintain a Reef Tank, Foodie :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Heater Rusted, Mosquitos, & Surface Movement

Here is the pool with no surface movement. Its like this sometimes. Today, I noticed when the robot vac was not plugged in, not much movement. Then when I plugged in vac, I got more surface flow within a few hours. Is that a coincidence and maybe I am dealing with a blockage somewhere?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    28k IG with Spa, hayward Super 2hp pump,
    120BTU Heater, Pentair PXC125 cartridge filter
    Love my Dogs, Maintain a Reef Tank, Foodie :)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Heater Rusted, Mosquitos, & Surface Movement

Dumb question, but when you put your hand over the return jets what do you feel ? Both with and without the robot running ?
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover