Above Ground Ultimate Covers with Mesh Drain

They work pretty well. The only real disadvantage is price and longevity. The product is essentially "home made" What I mean is they took an off the shelf winter cover (not a super heavy duty one either)

They take the cover and slice in the down the middle then resew it with a band of mesh material in the middle
Then they add some extra grommets to the cover edge and provide you with off the shelf rubber straps and conduit brackets

Except for the actual cutting and sewing everything can be done yourself.

Regardless the cover does work pretty well for about 3 years and then it will (at least in my case) start to mis-shapen and for puddles on the cover. The pool i tested it on was an oval and it might work better longer on a round pool.

I have that cover. I only used it in the early spring when the pool was put up. That was April 19. I left it on till the seed pods from a somewhat near by maple tree were all down. It worked well I thought. It let the rain water thru so there was no pumping off water from the cover, which to me was a plus.

As for how long it will hold up time will tell. So far I like it, just for the reason it lets the water thru. It is a little pricey.

No. It doesn't let alot of junk in. You could also use the cover clips with it if you get a lot of high wind. I think I'm going to try them.

I'm like you, I take care of everything I own. I think with some care it will last. The wind is what is hard on the covers, but I think the clips maybe a good thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought this cover and installed it last weekend. I'm pretty sure I did everything the instructions said, but the first time it rained the cover held water and sagged to pool water level which had been lowered 15". Now I'm not so sure what to do - leave it or maybe take it off and put some pillows under it to keep the cover above the water. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

rrub1 said:
I bought this cover and installed it last weekend. I'm pretty sure I did everything the instructions said, but the first time it rained the cover held water and sagged to pool water level which had been lowered 15". Now I'm not so sure what to do - leave it or maybe take it off and put some pillows under it to keep the cover above the water. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I got my cover setup! This is what it looks like so far. Still playing with it. I wanna get it just right.[/IMG]
e9yzeneq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I installed mine it virtually had no sag at all, but like I said earlier as soon as it rained it held water and sagged all the way down to the pool water level. Now its sitting there with about 4" of water on it. I really don't know what else I could have done. By looking at yours, Massimo, it looks like you'll have the same issue when it rains, but I hope you make out better than I did.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.