Liquidator Installation

Sep 2, 2008
I have been following this thread regarding installing the Liquidator. It seems like a popular choice in regulating bleach into the pool. I *think* it's an available option for my 14,000 gallon pool. Anyone able to verify that?

Can anyone verify that the OUT on the Liquidator should be placed where the red arrow is (heading into the pump basket) and the IN should be placed where the yellow arrow is? (Sorry for not having a more recent pic of everything cleaned up after construction). The yellow "IN" is located on the side of the equipment that feeds the eyeballs in the pool, not the fountains.

LQ.jpg

Also looks like I'll need two of these Watt's 3/8 to 1/4" fittings from Home Depot that will connect into the actual pipes with a 7/16" drill bit. ...that's where I get confused because it also looks like I need to buy a tap but there were two listed in the thread and I'm not sure which one I need. Can anyone clarify what's actually needed? Is anything else above and beyond these tools and parts necessary?

Thanks in advance for the help. I use about a jug (96 oz) of bleach per day in the DFW sun and it sure would be nice to be able to check a little less frequently.

Last, without considering a SWG (out of budget) ... is there a better option that perhaps I have overlooked?

Edit: One more last question ... can I use regular 6.25% bleach in the LQ? I can find it at the local Aldi and it seems to be the best bargain in the area.

I am no expert on the liquidator, however if you want to avoid drilling and tapping your pipes you may be able to do so by feeding the inlet side into the fitting on the front side of your existing chlorinator ( The one at the tail end of your red arrow, assuming you are going to discontinue using it) and if your pump as a drain plug at the bottom under the basket (usually 1/4 inch NPT plug with an O-ring sealing it) you can connect to that point for your suction side connection. No drilling, no taps, ....

Ike

p.s. another potential hose side pressure source could be Tee'd off the point where garden hose bib is screwed in, which just happens to be at the tail end of the yellow arrow..

The tap is a 1/4" npt. You can use the drain plug, like Isaac said, but if you want to drill and tap, that's what you need.

You could consider an injection pump too.

I think you mean 8.25%, but you can use any strength bleach in the LQ.

Alrighty - I have to admit, this was a LOT less painful than I thought it might be. Installation was (mostly) a breeze. One of the o-rings on one of my check valves was properly sealed and I could figure why my pump wouldn't prime. I didn't hear a hiss or see anything unusual but when I found the problem it was very obvious. Sorry for the crappy pics, you know how it is...

No drilling needed and that's my kind of install. I hooked up the "IN" side to the existing chlorinator. There was an extra plug already on the top of the chlorinator so I was able to use one of the 3/8" adapters they gave me on it. That means that if I need to bump my CYA or want to use the chlorinator then all I have to do is add a puck or two. No loss of function.
IMG-20130916-01284.jpg

The "OUT" is attached to the plug on the bottom of the pump. Again, I just replaced the old plug with the new adapter they gave me.
IMG-20130916-01285.jpg

Provided the seals are all good its just as easy as running the tube through the correct side of the LQ and turning on the pump. Wait for water to fill the LQ and add bleach.
IMG-20130916-01290.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.