MasterTemp 400 Shuts Off

You should test pressure switch. Switch in place, wires off, filter pump on (with pressure on filter gauge). Test the contacts on the switch for continuity. If you don't get any continuity, turn off pump, remove pressure switch and turn on filter pump BRIEFLY! You should get a shot of water out of the hole. If you don't, confirm hole is not plugged.

FYI, open PS circuit will get you a PS LED and service system LED on board. Also, LED 6 is the service system light (turn the board over)

Would a bad PS cause the heater to not turn on at all? Will test the PS and post back. Thanks PC.

I would look more toward a plugged hole or some corrosion causing the switch to sometimes get the right pressure, sometimes not. My experience has been pressure switch breaks, you wont get anything.

But i'm just one guy. Others may get different symptom of bad switch.

Tested the PS for continuity and nothing reading but when I turned the spa heater on and put the 2 ends of the voltmeter to the prongs (wires on) of the PS the heater started up. I guess I have a bad PS and will be ordering one. Can someone explain why the service system light would be on in this issue. Thanks

Are you sure the filter is clean? I have many a customer that had pressure switch issues or so they thought and it was a dirty filter. Here is how I judge "good flow". If I can put my hand over a return closest to the pump and I am able to hold it there without is being pushed away, not good flow. Clean the filter and then my hand can't hold back from the pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.