AGP cover tarp size

Jul 1, 2013
New Jersey
Hey everyone,
This forum has been great for my first season as an INtex pool owner. It will soon be time to winterize and close it up (i'm keeping it up all winter) and I was wondering the best size tarp I would need to cover a 20' x 52" Intex above ground ultra frame pool. I was just going to get a heavy duty tarp from the local hardware store, but wanted to be sure it was big enough to cover the pool pluss some overlap to tie it down. Any ideas? I was guessing a 24'x39' tarp? Is that big enough or overkill?

Thanks for the help!! :whoot:

From what I have seen, the average is 3 feet larger than the pool.

I think you may have some problems with that tarp being a little long on the one side. But a little trial and error and you should be able to make it work. I don't know what the price of that tarp is but I have found prices for for a 21' tarp ( actual size is 24') for under $45 after shipping and it comes with the metal wire+locking mechanism.
I would use a large air pillow too.

Mr_Matthew_L said:
From what I have seen, the average is 3 feet larger than the pool.

I think you may have some problems with that tarp being a little long on the one side. But a little trial and error and you should be able to make it work. I don't know what the price of that tarp is but I have found prices for for a 21' tarp ( actual size is 24') for under $45 after shipping and it comes with the metal wire+locking mechanism.
I would use a large air pillow too.

Thanks, The tarps I have been looking at are about that price too. What sites have you seen the 21' cover for around $45 shipped? I saw a few around that price on Amazon but had horrible reviews. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.