Never Backwashing?

ssgumby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 17, 2012
Maryland
Ive read that you should backwash once your pressure rises 5 psi above normal.

My pool was finished an opened the first of July. My pressure has not risen even 1 psi since them.

Is it normal to not have to clean for over 2 months?

How is your flow and water quality?

I put a Intex 2650 GPH sand filter on my 5500 gallon Intex pool approximately 2 months ago. Other than the initial setup; I've not had to backwash yet. The pressure has not risen the amount to require it yet and I have not noticed any significant change in the flow. Water quality is great, so it's doing it's job. I guess the infrequent backwashes are just a lucky bonus.

I started using the TFP method when I open my pool this past spring. After the initial pool opening clean up, I back washed my filter and have not needed to since. My pressure has only increase by ~1 psi over the entire season. :whoot: When I was on the dark side, I would have to backwash at least twice a season based on a 10 psi raise in pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.