Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: dswolfpack - pool problems

1. Back To Top    #1
    Orlando, FL

dswolfpack - pool problems

Please do not hi-jack another's thread with your questions.

I cleaned my filter for the first time since December last year. My pool guy is slacking and I have not fired him yet but I will have a talk with him since the filter looked like doo-doo. Anyways, once I installed the filter back on I started the pump and the chlorine generator at the same time. Minutes later nothing was running. I turned off both the pump and chlorine generator, there was power going to both. I tried starting the only pump, and nothing was going on. Kept switching on and off until finally the pump came on. Anybody has an idea of what I did wrong?
    Brand: San Juan Pools, Type: Fiberglass, Model: Mandalay Bay (Pool/Spa combination)
    Width: 11'8", Length: 25' 1", Depth: 5' 7", Area:198 ft2, Volume: 6,600 G, 2 Returns, 5 Spa Jets
    Pump: Hayward 2 Speed/ 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward C-1200, Filter Size: 120sf
    CompuPool Salt Gen., Timer: 2 spd Intermatic Multi Purpose Control

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: dswolfpack - pool problems

The SWG should only be powered up with the pump has power and will only generate when the pump is actually running.

You could check the centrifugal switch in the back of the motor to see if it is dirty/sticking and preventing the motor from starting. Or could be a bad start capacitor.

Although these would just be a coincidence and have nothing to do with servicing the filter.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW MO

Re: dswolfpack - pool problems

How are you switching the pump on/off? It could be the switch is bad.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320