looking for a simple plan and part list for a sturdy "deck"

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
too old and heavy for the intex ladder. ordered steps for inside and want to make a small platform/decklike structure to mount them to. saw this little plastic thing - http://www.intheswim.com/shopping/moreI ... nfoID=1289

but it comes with two steps already and I can't drop that kind of money right now.

we are rural and no kids so side rails and other zoning questions are not an issue. just need a big strong "table" and steps. the freaking home depots in my area don't even seem to carry precut stringers for steps, I am going insane with this beautiful pool water torturing me and I can't get in!

we are not very handy with wood around here though I can handle a drill and circular saw. is there some website with simple plans/part lists for what I need?

my other thought was just sinking two tall poles near the edge of the pool nailing up a 2 x 6 cross piece and then setting up some kind ramp... :?:

Re: looking for a simple plan and part list for a sturdy "de

I assume you are looking for something like this. I have been building mine in sections. Here are a few pics of it:

I started with 4x4 posts, and screwed 2x4s around the outside. Then added 2x4s to support the deck boards.

Most of the dimensions are based on 40". 40" posts, 40" 2x4s to tie them together. Your dimensions will likely be different, as my pool is buried about 18" in the ground. Yours will probably have to be taller, about 52" tall. If you make your own steps, you could use 2x8 sides with 2x8 steps, and not have them as steep as mine.

Here are a couple more, showing current step placement, and a detail of how I did the steps:

If you need more, just ask.

The deck is free standing. Very sturdy. My daughter got on the first section before it was completed and tried to get it to shake. She pronounced it "solid".

I am building in sections so if I need to move it, I can.

Just have to say you would fit in well around here - I freaking LOVE your heater!!! I wanted to do something like that for the hot tub a few years ago when it croaked. Found new guts at some outfit in California but was so close to rigging up a homemade thing either wood-fired or using a gas water heater.

My first pool experience was the home-built concrete rectangle my Grandfather (on my Dad's side) built in Tucson in the 50's (still had water in it when my Grandmother passed 10 years ago). He was born in Columbia. I still have his pool sign and a few other tokens from the yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.