SALT WATER OR FRESH WATER FOR DOGS??

Sep 1, 2013
Just getting started with a used Swim Ex therapy pool and plan on using it to condition my Agility dogs ... as well as myself. I have heard that a Saltwater pool might be better for them and their coat ... but those same people thought there was no chlorine in a salt system.
I plan to keep on top of the water chemistry daily and I'm sure there will be lots of hair to clean out!

What do you guys think??
Thanks...

I don't know about the salt vs manual pool, but I suspect there would be no problem either way.

Yes, you will be cleaning lots of dog hair from your skimmer basket, pump intake, and filter.

My own experience with this on my cartridge system is that there is enough on the filters to almost become a pre-filter for the carts.

Three dogs that love the pool. They are pouting today because I'm not letting them swim. They got their flea medicine this morning.....

I have heard that a Saltwater pool might be better for them and their coat ... but those same people thought there was no chlorine in a salt system.
Then their advice has no value. If they don't know the basic nature of a salt system, they should stay out of the discussion. Sorry for being blunt but I see no point in listening to the advice of someone ill-informed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.