Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What size fitting?

1. Back To Top    #1

What size fitting?

Hopefully I am not too vague here, but I would like to add a shut-off valve at the bottom of my skimmer.

I'm attaching a couple pics. The hose is attached to a tapered fitting that is threaded into the bottom of the skimmer (hex portion is on the actual fitting). The hose is Intex that has the big grey plastic nut (still on hose, not currently used).

So I need to know what size/thread the fitting is into the skimmer so I can buy something that will let me attach a valve.

If anyone knows the sizes, let me know. Thanks.

[attachment=1:1nvqw4vc]20130902_120243.jpg[/attachment:1nvqw4vc]

[attachment=0:1nvqw4vc]20130902_120257.jpg[/attachment:1nvqw4vc]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex 18'x48" Ultra Frame
    2 - Intex 1500gph Type A cartridge filter pumps
    One thru-wall skimmer.
    Manual care monitored with the TF100 Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What size fitting?

Most of those skimmers are just 1.5" threaded fittings on the ID.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Okay. Thanks for that. I hope to do something about this week.
    One thru-wall skimmer.

4. Back To Top    #4

I used this one http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP0723-Tr ... ball+valve It has female threads on one side and male threads on the other, so I just inserted it between the hose connector and the female threads on the bottom of the skimmer.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks PridgNYC. I may just have to order me one those. Looks perfect for the job.

Can I assume there are female threads on the left end (according to the amazon picture)?
    One thru-wall skimmer.

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, female threads on the left end if you get the FIP one, not sure what the SKT one has.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter