A little landscaping and cleaning things up

AlanE

LifeTime Supporter
Our pool build really wrecked our yard. With money tight and time, we are in the pool after all :) we are finally getting around to doing something about the mess.

We re purposed the cement edging that we removed prior to the build. (Have you seen the prices on these things? :? )
IMG-20130831-00249.jpg

Taking a break because it started to rain.

We had about a half a pallet of mulch left that we were saving for the pool. Wasn't quite enough. need about 4 or 5 more bags.
IMG-20130831-00250.jpg

Wife painted the door. I hear the song by Rolling Stones.
IMG-20130831-00252.jpg

My next project will be to replace the wood around the door. It has seen better days.

We are not sure but we are thinking about some kind of ornamental grass around the cage. Like Pampas Grass?

I would definitely get something in there to cover that bare ground which will help reduce the amount of dirt that could find its way into the pool and/or enclosed patio. I would focus on plants that are well-adapted to your area. Once you have that short list, then it's pretty much personal preference.

Hey Alan! That's looking nice man.

Still loving the new pool? I hear the same song too. Do it. :mrgreen: I'm not a huge fan of the big Pampas grass, but that it is all subjective. I like the smaller "Fox Tail" type grasses but if it were me, I'd be going tropical. You are probably sick of it down there, but I want to grow tropical stuff so much, and just can't do it. Good luck and let us know what you choose. Especially if you follow Mick's desires. :)

BoDarville said:
I would definitely get something in there to cover that bare ground which will help reduce the amount of dirt that could find its way into the pool and/or enclosed patio. I would focus on plants that are well-adapted to your area. Once you have that short list, then it's pretty much personal preference.
We dropped two pallets of sod down to fix the front and side. It's raining everyday now so the dirt really doesn't have a chance to dry out too much. Although that looks dry it's like walking on a sponge. We just put down some grass seed today. Hopefully the birds won't see it before the rain gets here.

Brushpup said:
Hey Alan! That's looking nice man.

Still loving the new pool? I hear the same song too. Do it. :mrgreen: I'm not a huge fan of the big Pampas grass, but that it is all subjective. I like the smaller "Fox Tail" type grasses but if it were me, I'd be going tropical. You are probably sick of it down there, but I want to grow tropical stuff so much, and just can't do it. Good luck and let us know what you choose. Especially if you follow Mick's desires. :)
Thanks! Yeah we're still loving it. Nothing like taking a plunge after working out in this heat. Will be better when I put in the outdoor shower. Just rinse off the dirt/sweat and jump in. We have that kind of grass out front and I like it. I forget what the name of it is but it doesn't get as tall as pampas. I don't think I will ever get sick of tropical. Well maybe hurricanes but being from Texas you might get those once and awhile too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.