Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A little landscaping and cleaning things up

1. Back To Top    #1

A little landscaping and cleaning things up

Our pool build really wrecked our yard. With money tight and time, we are in the pool after all we are finally getting around to doing something about the mess.

We re purposed the cement edging that we removed prior to the build. (Have you seen the prices on these things? )

Taking a break because it started to rain.

We had about a half a pallet of mulch left that we were saving for the pool. Wasn't quite enough. need about 4 or 5 more bags.

Wife painted the door. I hear the song by Rolling Stones.

My next project will be to replace the wood around the door. It has seen better days.

We are not sure but we are thinking about some kind of ornamental grass around the cage. Like Pampas Grass?
    23.6x14 IG free form ~8K gallon, Pentair VS 3050 Intelliflo, GloBrite LED lighting w/IntelliBrite controller, Aztec Cobalt water tile. CLI Carolina Blue pebble finish, Bronze pool cage, 336 sqft Heliocol solar heating. Build Thread and landscaping Solar heating install

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A little landscaping and cleaning things up

I would definitely get something in there to cover that bare ground which will help reduce the amount of dirt that could find its way into the pool and/or enclosed patio. I would focus on plants that are well-adapted to your area. Once you have that short list, then it's pretty much personal preference.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey Alan! That's looking nice man.

Still loving the new pool? I hear the same song too. Do it. I'm not a huge fan of the big Pampas grass, but that it is all subjective. I like the smaller "Fox Tail" type grasses but if it were me, I'd be going tropical. You are probably sick of it down there, but I want to grow tropical stuff so much, and just can't do it. Good luck and let us know what you choose. Especially if you follow Mick's desires.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by BoDarville
    I would definitely get something in there to cover that bare ground which will help reduce the amount of dirt that could find its way into the pool and/or enclosed patio. I would focus on plants that are well-adapted to your area. Once you have that short list, then it's pretty much personal preference.
    We dropped two pallets of sod down to fix the front and side. It's raining everyday now so the dirt really doesn't have a chance to dry out too much. Although that looks dry it's like walking on a sponge. We just put down some grass seed today. Hopefully the birds won't see it before the rain gets here.
    23.6x14 IG free form ~8K gallon, Pentair VS 3050 Intelliflo, GloBrite LED lighting w/IntelliBrite controller, Aztec Cobalt water tile. CLI Carolina Blue pebble finish, Bronze pool cage, 336 sqft Heliocol solar heating. Build Thread and landscaping Solar heating install

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup
    Hey Alan! That's looking nice man.

Still loving the new pool? I hear the same song too. Do it. I'm not a huge fan of the big Pampas grass, but that it is all subjective. I like the smaller "Fox Tail" type grasses but if it were me, I'd be going tropical. You are probably sick of it down there, but I want to grow tropical stuff so much, and just can't do it. Good luck and let us know what you choose. Especially if you follow Mick's desires.
    Thanks! Yeah we're still loving it. Nothing like taking a plunge after working out in this heat. Will be better when I put in the outdoor shower. Just rinse off the dirt/sweat and jump in. We have that kind of grass out front and I like it. I forget what the name of it is but it doesn't get as tall as pampas. I don't think I will ever get sick of tropical. Well maybe hurricanes but being from Texas you might get those once and awhile too.

6. Back To Top    #6

Well I knew I should have just ordered up two more pallets of sod. Which I will do now. The monsoon we had this morning washed all the seed away.

7. Back To Top    #7

Of course it did!

Now, have you thought anymore about that door?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

It will be staying red. Wife likes the color. It looks good with the gray house. Thinking about PVC for the door trim. Won't have to worry about termites or water.