Next step while filling up pool

Aug 22, 2013
Water hose has been running from well through a Sta-Rite Posi Flo Filter out to the pool through a sock with fiber fill for the last 2 days. We are only about 1/3 full. I have added two quarts of E-Z Chlor Metal Magnet. Water is clear but I think I see a tint of metal. I have already started to dissolve Stabilizer in a 5 gallon bucket (16lbs). I am thinking I need to wait & add the third bottle of Metal Magnet in the morning and then tomorrow afternoon add some liquid chlorine and my stabilizer.

What's your suggestions?

Bonnie

We do have metals in the water. It's the same well as our house and it will stain the toilet/tun/whites within a day. (We run a salt softener for the house) The water is now 1/2 full and a light Carribean green shade. Water is clear and I do see alittle sediment on the bottom (could be sand from our feet). I am worried about adding the chlorine that it will turn to brown soup. Thinking of brushing the pool to stir up a little.......

I do have the TF100 test kit. Too early for a sample?

Appreciate any advice.

Bonnie

Iron laden water will always be problematic. Yes, it may turn to brown soup if you add the chlorine in too quickly but it will surely turn to green soup if you don't add any chlorine.

You seem to have a good grasp on using the sequestrant to keep the iron in solution but keep in mind it will always be there and sequestrant will probably always be needed.

Vacuum up any sediment you see. It may be some of the iron precipitating and you can at least get that much out of your pool and into the filter.

Pool only 1/2 full, unable to vacuum yet. It's a fine line right now since filling is slow, but you are right I don't want a green (algae) pool either while I'm waiting. Going to add about a gallon of chlorine and brush it into the pool to help circulate. Continue filling and add the last quart of metal magnet tonight.

Thanks

Bonnie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.