110.......TA.......130
160.......CH.......140
85........CYA........0
1600....Salt.........0
26.....Borates......0
0.0....Copper......0.0
1470....TDS......195
6...........PSI

Pool water looks clear. I have been SLAMing for over a week now. And I cannot pass the overnight test or rid my pool of the CC.

As of tonight I am losing 1ppm per 90 minutes and have an average change from 38 to 15 in 11 hours
The water looked clear when I started this process (there is old Carpeting placed upside down under my liner and I could see the design of the carpet) and was wondering if anyone has an idea why this is taking so long. I have gone through over 45 (121oz) jugs of 8.25% bleach. I have been checking the chlorine level constantly. And have never let it fall below 12 FC.

I do know that some of my tests aren't needed but I was curious and figured I'd post all my results.

Oh yea, I have been back washing my filter every other day during this process. It does spew out some white cloudy water but I only need to flush for 30 seconds before it's clear again.

I have also for the last 2 days been slowly dripping diluted bleach in front of the return jet in hopes of keeping my chlorine up in the mid 30's

Well, there's something organic in there somewhere. It's time for a good game of hide-and-seek. Popular places for algae to hide out include light niches (if you've got them), under the ladder, in the ladder if there are holes to sneak into. Try taking as many items as you can out of the pool and give the pool surfaces a good brushing everywhere. If you have lights--flip the breaker and remove them from the niche.

I do not have any lights and I will pull my ladder out in the morning and will leave out for a few days to see if that helps.

Steps
9651897738_572c9d1f2a.jpg

Steps during day
9651979560_2ee2372de7.jpg

Pool at night
9648662527_c7407f89ab.jpg

Pool during the day
9648742575_5680b4c874.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well.
At 7:48 pm last night, I had 37 FC.
At 10:00pm I removed the ladder.
I slowly dripped 121oz of 8.25% bleach (8ppm FC)
Ended this morning at 8:42am with 31.5 FC, tested just after I removed the cover.

Soooo......
Last night with nothing in the pool I lost 13.5 FC.
Going to add half a jug of bleach and set up the drip, for the day.

I see nothing in your test results or your procedures that would account for your FC loss.

Rather than go back and hash out what might have caused this, let's work on the cure. :lol:

As you know, chlorine in your pool is consumed by only two things....sunlight and organics in your water.

From your last post, you have indicated a 13.5 FC loss and have eliminated sunlight as a factor so the inescapable conclusion is you still have organics in the pool.

There is really only one solution...keep SLAMming.

I would continue to maintain the FC up around 30 ppm (roughly) and only take accurate FC measurements in the evening and in the morning.....keeping the sunlight factor out of the equation and allowing you to judge your overnight loss each 24 hour period.

You should see a steady decline in FC loss. There really is no other realistic result.

Keep us posted.

I hope I see something soon. I bought 8 jugs of bleach for $26.16 yesterday and that will be gone by noon. I only have one left
I have spent over $200 on supplies to SLAM a clean pool just to get rid of the 1.0 CC reading.
I guess I just thought that if the pool was clean, sparkling, and not at all slimy, I could get away with only needing 6 or so jugs. Guess it doesnt work like that. Going at this rate I'm going to come out ahead if I just drain and refill.

Target stores in a lot of areas have their brand (up and up) bleach on sale buy 3 get 1 free. 8.25% 121 oz. Under $10 for 4 jugs... if they have the sale in your area you could save a little $ that way. Not a solution I know, but it might help a little.

Hope you get to stop SLAMming soon!

I started the process to remove the CC in my pool.
To SLAM you must pass the tests.
No CC
No chlorine loss overnight
A clear pool.

I said "ok, I have clear water now let's try the overnight test. I failed that. I have also failed the third requirement. I have more than 0 combined chlorine.

Now I am trying to get rid of the CC in the pool and pass the overnight test.

How is this conflicting information?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.