Closing pool -tarp repair tips plus other tips needed

quentin_1

Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2013
New Jersey
Hello, two questions to this fine forum
1. I have a small tear on the mesh tarp for my 25k gallon pool. Does anyone have any tips how to repair a small tear? The tear us about 5 inches long, straight cut. I'd prefer to use glue etc vs sewing which is something I am not good at.
2. My pool cover for my in ground pool does cover the pool well. However, there is a small gap between the cover and the pool where leaves get blown in. How do I eliminate this gap or minimize them? I've read abt water bags? Or I can put down a water hose around the perimeter and that would help some.

Appreciate your advice/pointers. Rgds.

I do kid... but, I used to work in a bar on the beach in FL. I don't care what kind of stainless steel you have, it's gonna rust. Our glass wash sink had rust holes, so I covered it up with some duct tape, and also put some on the bottom, and it held until the whole place got destroyed in a hurricane two years later. If you really just want to get more out of the cover, and it's just a small tear, seriously - some on top, some on bottom, should hold for another winter, at least!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.