Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing pool -tarp repair tips plus other tips needed

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing pool -tarp repair tips plus other tips needed

Hello, two questions to this fine forum
    1. I have a small tear on the mesh tarp for my 25k gallon pool. Does anyone have any tips how to repair a small tear? The tear us about 5 inches long, straight cut. I'd prefer to use glue etc vs sewing which is something I am not good at.
    2. My pool cover for my in ground pool does cover the pool well. However, there is a small gap between the cover and the pool where leaves get blown in. How do I eliminate this gap or minimize them? I've read abt water bags? Or I can put down a water hose around the perimeter and that would help some.

Appreciate your advice/pointers. Rgds.
    24k gallon plaster pool; Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter; Polaris 380; Essex county, NJ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Closing pool -tarp repair tips plus other tips needed

Duct tape fixes everything!

totally just kidding, but it really does.
    17' x 30' plaster pool, Intellipro Variable Speed pump, filter that's about to be replaced, 1 skimmer and 2 returns, and that's about all I know about this pool!
    4' ledge all the way around, deep "scoop" about 9' deep - NO DIVING!

3. Back To Top    #3

I did use duct tape last season but it unglued after rain etc so it is not tat useful - perhaps I have not used the right duct tape?

Thx.
    24k gallon plaster pool; Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter; Polaris 380; Essex county, NJ

4. Back To Top    #4

I do kid... but, I used to work in a bar on the beach in FL. I don't care what kind of stainless steel you have, it's gonna rust. Our glass wash sink had rust holes, so I covered it up with some duct tape, and also put some on the bottom, and it held until the whole place got destroyed in a hurricane two years later. If you really just want to get more out of the cover, and it's just a small tear, seriously - some on top, some on bottom, should hold for another winter, at least!
    17' x 30' plaster pool, Intellipro Variable Speed pump, filter that's about to be replaced, 1 skimmer and 2 returns, and that's about all I know about this pool!
    4' ledge all the way around, deep "scoop" about 9' deep - NO DIVING!