Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Color for small areas of pool bottom without draining

1. Back To Top    #1

Color for small areas of pool bottom without draining

I have a few places on my pool that were eroded when the pool company power wash my pool a few years ago. It is a plaster pool 3-6 ft with diamond brite finish--light and dark blue. I have use a+b apoxy and it does cover some of the spots in the shallow end but the spots but the white epoxy covering the area doesn't look much better. If I could find a coating to just color the areas where plain concrete is exposed, that would be great. The sizes run from a 3-5 inches by 2 inches or just a few dime, nickel and quarter sizes spots. I really don't want to drain the pool---it's not bad enough for that.

I have thought about finding some pigment for a + b epoxy but I am thinking there must be something you can just apply underwater to color the spots. The thickness of the diamond brite layer is only an 1/8 inch or so and maybe less where the concrete shows through; so coloring it would keep it from looking like some trash on the bottom

I would appreciate any help --comments, etc

regards,

Mark
    10K gal, IG gunite, Installed 2000, 1 1/2 HP pump, sand filter, Aqua Pure Digital 35 K gal SWG, Haywood Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Color for small areas of pool bottom without draining

Hmm.. you try Tinting epoxy paint I guess. Or you can try tinting plast-aid maybe. Try the paint first as plast-aid sets up too quick to tint it as a paint substitute.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Color for small areas of pool bottom without draining

I bought some color pigment on line and will add it to a + b apoxy and try that when it get warmer. Thanks for the thought.
    10K gal, IG gunite, Installed 2000, 1 1/2 HP pump, sand filter, Aqua Pure Digital 35 K gal SWG, Haywood Cleaner