Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: small pebble size chip/rust spot on fibreglass stairs...

1. Back To Top    #1

small pebble size chip/rust spot on fibreglass stairs...

My pool has a set of fibreglass stairs and on one of the steps there is a small chip the size of a dime that has rust or discolouring to it.

I tried the vitamin c pill and rubbing it on it but no luck in getting all of it off.

Is there any white epoxy or silicone I can use to dab onto this spot to cover it? Nobody ever notices it but I do! draws my eyes to it and it must be easy to repair. Now the kicker. Can your recommend a treatment that I can put on this spot while underwater?! It is the very bottom step so not really interested in draining it down that far.
    16x32 Kidney Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Generator, Omnilogic, Tristar Vari Flo Sand Filter, Colour Logic LED, WFSD Waterfall, 250 BTU Millivolt, GVA-24 Valve Actuator TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool 1
    Pool 2
    my build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: small pebble size chip/rust spot on fibreglass stairs...

I think there is some marine underwater epoxy that's white. You should be able to use that.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: small pebble size chip/rust spot on fibreglass stairs...

Thanks for the suggestion. I picked up some of this today.

http://www.jbweld.com/product/j-b-waterweld/

It says you can can use it underwater so I'll try it out this week. Today's high was a fall like 70...yikes. I still kept the pool at 88 though...and swam.
    16x32 Kidney Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Generator, Omnilogic, Tristar Vari Flo Sand Filter, Colour Logic LED, WFSD Waterfall, 250 BTU Millivolt, GVA-24 Valve Actuator TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool 1
    Pool 2
    my build