Fastest method to go green to blue in 4.5 days? Help me plz

rowdy93

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2011
Bonaire, GA
Background:

Medically retired from military end of may and left my pool in ga to go to school in tx. I had the house rented before I left but the guy backed out on me. No power for over three months at the house equals a really bad looking pool. My property manager won't ren house until pool gets cleaned. I'm taking a few days from school next week and weekend to clean it, I've only got about 4.5 days to do this.

I normally use the bbb method which usually takes close to a week, I don't have a week. What else have some of you used that's quick and effective.

FC will be 0, I did cya 3 months ago and put it at 50.

20,000g inground, pentair superflow, pentair quad de80, stenner chlorine pump, Polaris 380

I never backwash, I always take the quad apart and clean the grinds.

Thanks, Seth

Re: Fastest method to go green to blue in 4.5 days? Help me

Man that will be tough in that amount of time. I guess you can't re-fill it right? If not and with CYA 50, you need a ton of Bleach. That DE filter will clog fast too. I don't see that you have a lot of choices. Sorry not to have more cheerful news.

You may be down to a good drain, refill, and balance at this point in that length of time to be sure. Thanks for your service!

The only way to clear it faster other than water replacement is to physically remove the dead algae (from the SLAM process) as quickly as possible. If there are any clumped amounts that are removable with a net, then do that (or if there are leaves, etc.). Then only after the algae is killed from the chlorine you can use a clarifier, but they don't always work. I'd suggest GLB® Clear Blue™ or BioGuard® Polysheen® Blue. Note that these will have your filter clog up a lot faster so watch them carefully and backwash/clean when the pressure rises according to your filter type. We normally don't suggest this because it's not as reliable, but you are in a hurry, so there you go.

Is there any chance you could hire someone or get a friend to start of finish the process for you? In such a short time frame even a few more hours of chlorine could help, you mention the power is off, will it be back on when you get there, or is that another thing you will have to do before starting on the pool?

Ike

The power should be back on when I get there, hopefully. I'm going to hire someone to maintain the pool once I clean it, but they wanted over $800 to do the clean up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I also suggest having a friend, relative, neighbor near the house start or help finish the SLAM for you....even a few days on either side would help double your time to clear it...

Heck, if I lived near ya I would give ya a hand....Thanks for your service... Any TFP volunteers?

Thank you, I appreciate that. Yeah I guess someone can babysit it for a few days, wouldn't be a problem because I expect to have the hard part done.

And your welcome, was my pleasure.

Glad you are getting a pool sitter and SLAM'in it instead of draining it. My concerns with draining the vinyl liner pools are liner shrinkage and shifting which can cause massive and unsightly wrinkling. You are so much better off with the SLAM process. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.