Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intellichlor IC40 Install Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Intellichlor IC40 Install Questions

I am looking to replace my current SWG with the Pentair Intellichlor system and got a couple of questions:

1. Can the cell be installed in a vertical position or does it need to be horizontal? Current Resilience system is installed vertically coming from the filter.

2. Can this system be used in conjunction with a Ozone Water Purification Systems such as Prozone?

3. Does it matter if my sand filter is a top-mount?

14,000 gal sand filter IG Vinyl SWG Pentair 3/4 HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pentair Intellichlor IC40 Install Questions

Welcome to TFP!!!

Do you realize that all manuals are available on the manufacturer's websites?

1. Looking at the Intellichlor manual, it appears that it does not matter horizontal / vertical ... although it should be the last piece of equipment before returning to the pool.

2. Should be fine, BUT ozone is complete unnecessary and a waste of money for private residential outdoor pools.

3. Why would the SWG care since it is installed after the filter?

If you have further concerns, post up a picture of your current plumbing setup.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!