Color of recently redone marble dust

Aug 31, 2013
2 years ago we had our gunite pool re marble dusted. We had requested a shade of gray which was on the darker side. We were not happy with the end result color as it was very light and patchy.
After the winter , the color above the winter waterline was the shade we wanted but now it looks odd since the top 20 inches is a nice shade of gray and the lower area is the old pale gray and patchy. My pool service company is no help even though they sub contracted out the marbled dust work.

Looking for a resolution. Any suggestions?

Al

What I do know is that darker Plaster tends to be more splotchy/blotchy than lighter ones. A lot of things affect those color patterns, everything from application methods to chemical treatment of the water. Sorry, but it you are asking if you should drain to expose the plaster and let it dry, I'm not so sure that would do it, or be a good idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.