Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Confusion about Pentair Intelliflo manual operation

1. Back To Top    #1

Confusion about Pentair Intelliflo manual operation

Hello - I have had my pool running for about a week. I have a Pentair intelliflo pump with no automation. I am running it on high speed for 2 hours and low speed for 8 hours right now. My pool is 18,000 gal. I think I get 1 turn of the pool in the 1st 2 hours but I have a SWG and am running it longer for the chlorine. My question is if I make a manual speed adjustment during a program, the manual says that it runs this mode until the next scheduled speed. My question is, what happens if I made that adjustment on the last time schedule of the day.

Thank you,

Anthony

From the Pentair Manual:
    Manual Operation: Speed buttons 1-4 can be programmed for Manual operation. This means the
    speed button is pressed and then the start button and the pump runs a programmed speed. Speeds
    5-8 can not be programmed for Manual operation because there are no buttons associated with
    them.
    To operate the pump in Manual Mode, press one of the four speed buttons, and press the Start/Stop
    button to run the assigned speed for that button. When the pump is running a Manual Speed Setting
    (speed 1, 2, 3 or 4 button pressed manually) and a scheduled speed is set to run, the scheduled
    speed will take priority regardless of speed number of RPM. When the Scheduled Speed's time is
    over, it will not revert back to the manually pressed speed. If the pump is running a schedule and a
    speed button is pressed manually, the pump will run the manually selected speed until the next
    scheduled speed program.
    Dallas area, free form, quartz finish, flagstone, pentair cartridge, vs pump, swg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Confusion about Pentair Intelliflo manual operation

If I am understanding your question correctly, the pump will run whatever speed you have chosen manually until the next scheduled speed change. In my case, my pump is set to run from 8:30 AM - 7:30 PM. If I manually adjust the speed anytime between 8:30A and 7:30P, my pump will run at that new manually set speed until 8:30A the following morning when it will revert to the scheduled speed setting.

Regards,

Jay
    Jay

28,000 gal in-ground hybrid pool with PacFab Superflow 100 sand filter witn VitroClean media, Intelliflo VS pump, Stenner chlorine pump, Raypak R336A Millivolt Natural Gas Pool Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Confusion about Pentair Intelliflo manual operation

Yes, that is my question. I think I have observed that when I make a manual change it stays on and does not stop. The ,manual says this should not happen so I thought the only vague area was the last run cycle of the day.
    Dallas area, free form, quartz finish, flagstone, pentair cartridge, vs pump, swg