Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taking over a green above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Taking over a green above ground pool

I'm new to the TFP site and hoping to learn alot about pool maintenance to avoid the pool store and make the most of my maintenance time.

First I would like to make sure that my filters are clean. Can anyone provide some tips on the best way to clean my used filters?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Elverson Pa.

Taking over a green above ground pool

Welcome to TFP !!

What type of filter are you talking about ?

Take a look at pool school, oval button top right corner. There's a lot of good info there. Spend sometime reading there.

You'll want to take a look at this if the pool is green pool-school/shocking_your_pool

You'll also want to look into a good test kit. I use the TF 100. Best value. Can't do the SLAM process without it.

Please add your pool info to your sig, it helps us help you.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Taking over a green above ground pool

Welcome to tfp, tillyz

In addition to the pool school article that pwrstrk posted, take a look at this one on filter cleaning:
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.