Adding bleach when pump is out

Yakiman

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2012
Yakima, WA
Pool Size
Hi, my pump will be in the shop for a while. I have a new-this-year vinyl liner that I would not like to ruin. I am thinking I can delete the bleach I need to add to about 10 to 1 in a bucket of water and walk around the edges pouring it in real slow? Do you guys think this would be safe?

Thanks!

Yes, you can dilute the bleach in a bucket of pool water. That will go a long way to keeping your liner from being faded.

Do you have a clean portable sump pump? You can use that to circulate the water in your pool, and use it for dosing the diluted bleach, spraying the dilution over the surface of the water. Be careful not to get even that on your exposed liner, though.

If no sump pump, you can use your pool brush to stir up the water.

Have your kids splash around to stir the water!

Is the water warm enough to get in ? I did it this way on a friends pool with the same problem. We just got in and stirred the water while somebody poured the bleach in slowly.

Worked out fine and no ill effects. I think your way will work also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.