remove scaling with pressure washer

May 27, 2013
We took over a five year old pool (our first) this summer and have been successfully using BBB. After we had a good routine going with the maintenance, we started working on the scaling. I'm guessing it had been building since the pool was installed. We used pumice stone on the tile and with some elbow grease, it's in good shape. However the pumice doesn't work on the rock waterfall feature because the surface is uneven. I need to do a partial drain to get my CYA down about 10 more points, and was thinking about trying to use a pressure washer to remove the scaling from the rock when I do....

Good idea? Bad idea?

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

I don't think it's a bad idea if you are a little bit careful. You can always test it on a hidden area in back or something to see. Don't get to close for too long with the jet and it should be fine. Don't know if it will work though. That stuff can be tenacious as I am sure you already know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.