Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: remove scaling with pressure washer

1. Back To Top    #1

remove scaling with pressure washer

We took over a five year old pool (our first) this summer and have been successfully using BBB. After we had a good routine going with the maintenance, we started working on the scaling. I'm guessing it had been building since the pool was installed. We used pumice stone on the tile and with some elbow grease, it's in good shape. However the pumice doesn't work on the rock waterfall feature because the surface is uneven. I need to do a partial drain to get my CYA down about 10 more points, and was thinking about trying to use a pressure washer to remove the scaling from the rock when I do....

Good idea? Bad idea?

Any thoughts are much appreciated!
    14K IG Gunite Pool, Jandy CL460 Cartridge Filter, Jandy 2.0HP Pump, Pentair Booster Pump, Ultrapure UV Ozone Generator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: remove scaling with pressure washer

I don't think it's a bad idea if you are a little bit careful. You can always test it on a hidden area in back or something to see. Don't get to close for too long with the jet and it should be fine. Don't know if it will work though. That stuff can be tenacious as I am sure you already know.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr