Duoclear 60 flow issue

Jun 12, 2011
Ottawa/Canada
I have a Duoclear 60 and an a Ecostar pump. Up until recently, when the pump was turned off either manually or automatically, the "no flow" light would come on and the SWG would disable. Now when the pump is off the "no flow" light doesn't come on and the SWG seems to be still running. I have to turn the Duoclear off manually. I know the light works. I removed the cell and soaked it in cell cleaner, and hosed it off well, but still have the same issue. The cell is 7 years old, and is working ok except for this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Welcome to tfp, dougster :wave:

I am not familiar with your brand of swg but it sounds like a faulty flow switch. It should be fixed since running a swg with no flow can cause the swg to overheat and also allows hydrogen gas to build up in the lines.

Thanks for the welcome! Usually I can find the answers to my problems by looking through the forums...but not this time.

One more thing to add....if I remove the cable from the control unit to the cell, the no flow light comes on. Is the sensor in the cell? If so is my only option to replace the cell to rectify this?

The sensor is in the cell. 7 years is VERY good for a Duoclear cell. Keep in mind, that particular system is no longer made and parts may be scarce. I called Zodiac tech support a few months ago to troubleshoot a 35k system and the tech put me on hold so he could locate a service manual!

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.