Here are my #

FC 4
Cc 0
TC 4
Ph 7.8
TA 90
Ch 220
Cya 70

From the pool calculator I think this is what I should be doing...correct me if I'm wrong

Based on my cya my FC needs to be at 5 so I need to add 38oz of 6% chlorine.

I want to bring down my PH to 7.5 so I need to add 15oz of 34% baume muriatic acid.

TA is ok

Ch is ok. Although I have been told its recommended to raise. But I can't seem to find the product to do so any recomendations of what to purchase and where?

CYA ?? Here it's rec to have at 30-50 and TF 100 instructions rec 30-80...so I don't know.

My pool water looks clean, clear and blue as it should. My only issue is that my z bot vacuum picks up small pieces of the plaster pool...how can I fix this?

Things look pretty good.

Your CYA is a bit high, but it could be manageable with using bleach. We like to see it in the 30-50 range. Maybe work on lowering it later.

Keep your FC in 5-8 range and not below 5.
PH is on the high end of the range. Lower it and see how stable it is.

Not sure what to do about the vacuum.

For CYA we suggest about 30-50 for most manual dosed outdoor pools, with the higher end if it has a high level of sun exposure / sunbelt location, etc. 70-80 is suggested for pools equipped with SWG's (salt water chlorine generators) which constantly hyper chlorinate the water that passes through the SWG cell when it is in operation.

Ike

If you only raise your FC to 5--you'll be at the MINIMUM! You should raise it at least to the target level and see how much you consume daily. Some of that is gonna burn off ya' know! You may need to go a tad higher than target.

Isaac-1 said:
For CYA we suggest about 30-50 for most manual dosed outdoor pools, with the higher end if it has a high level of sun exposure / sunbelt location, etc. 70-80 is suggested for pools equipped with SWG's (salt water chlorine generators) which constantly hyper chlorinate the water that passes through the SWG cell when it is in operation.

Ike

Thanks that cleared it up for me

woodyp said:
If you only raise your FC to 5--you'll be at the MINIMUM! You should raise it at least to the target level and see how much you consume daily. Some of that is gonna burn off ya' know! You may need to go a tad higher than target.

That makes sense...I added more chlorine to get my target of 8

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.