Summer Escapes turn Summer Prisoner

So I bought a Summer Escapes 15'X42", 3800 gallon, AG pool. It seemed like a good idea at first. Then in an attempt to clean the pool the pump (F1000C) stopped working. So I have purchased a Intex 56673EG 14-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump, 110-120 Volt with GFCI and a Summer Escapes Skimmer Filter Pump Conversion Kit because it looked like a good idea.....however I have no idea what I'm doing so I thought I would look at this board, upgraded-plumbing-and-thru-wall-skimmer-for-intex-pool-t26835.html for help but I can't see the pictures. So my dilemma is this-I haven't a clue what to do and was hoping this would be like the Pioneers Woman's cookbooks with a step by step instruction manual somewhere. So if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great! I thought with a sand pump I wouldn't need chemicals too, but that's a whole other story. :hammer: :hammer:

Welcome to TFP.

While I can't point you to a particular step by step thread with step by step instructions, there are several threads that outline the process of hooking a sand filter to your type pool. Do a little searching around and I'm sure you'll find what you need to know. Then come back to this thread and ask any specific questions you may have.

IF I were you this is what I would do. I would leave the skimmer pump as is until you can come across a used pump for it. You will eventually find one for dirt cheap (perhaps on craigslist at summers end). Use it as a skimmer only. And cut new holes for the sand filter. That's what I did with my Summer Escapes.

Attachments

• LinerCutFinalPic.jpg
    LinerCutFinalPic.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 141
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.