Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Summer Escapes turn Summer Prisoner

1. Back To Top    #1

Summer Escapes turn Summer Prisoner

So I bought a Summer Escapes 15'X42", 3800 gallon, AG pool. It seemed like a good idea at first. Then in an attempt to clean the pool the pump (F1000C) stopped working. So I have purchased a Intex 56673EG 14-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump, 110-120 Volt with GFCI and a Summer Escapes Skimmer Filter Pump Conversion Kit because it looked like a good idea.....however I have no idea what I'm doing so I thought I would look at this board, upgraded-plumbing-and-thru-wall-skimmer-for-intex-pool-t26835.html for help but I can't see the pictures. So my dilemma is this-I haven't a clue what to do and was hoping this would be like the Pioneers Woman's cookbooks with a step by step instruction manual somewhere. So if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great! I thought with a sand pump I wouldn't need chemicals too, but that's a whole other story.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Summer Escapes turn Summer Prisoner

Welcome to TFP.

While I can't point you to a particular step by step thread with step by step instructions, there are several threads that outline the process of hooking a sand filter to your type pool. Do a little searching around and I'm sure you'll find what you need to know. Then come back to this thread and ask any specific questions you may have.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

IF I were you this is what I would do. I would leave the skimmer pump as is until you can come across a used pump for it. You will eventually find one for dirt cheap (perhaps on craigslist at summers end). Use it as a skimmer only. And cut new holes for the sand filter. That's what I did with my Summer Escapes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump