Salt Cell Cleaning and Chlorine Use

BerBer

Aug 30, 2013
So my husband and I are first time pool owners. We just bought a house with an inground pool with a salt chlorinating system. Everything has been workin fine until yesterday a light starts flashing on the system that said "inspect cell." I'm assuming this means it needs to be cleaned with that muratic acid stuff. Would vinegar work as well? I'd rather use that if I could. Also, we have a Labor Day BBQ coming up this weekend and then right after we are going to have a pool company in to close the pool up. Is it ok to wait to clean the cell until then? Only because we want the professionals to do it for us so we know how to do it ourselves in the future. In the mean time is it ok to use chlorine tablets in the skimmer so the chlorine level is adequate for our party? Right now it's low. Will the tablets effect the salt system??
Thanks for any and all suggestions!!

Welcome to TFP

We really need to know what brand and model the swg is.
However, The inspect cell light is most likely just a timer function. It doesn't really mean that the cell is dirty.
You should check the cell and clean it if it needs it.

We don't recommend putting tablets in the skimmer. You're better off getting a floater and using that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.