Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it safe to swim

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it safe to swim

I have a pump problems before and my pool turned green. I get it back to almost normal. The water is not 100% clear but no algae. My question is since I bring the chlorine level to shock (about 20) is it safe to swim in it right now? What is the safe chlorine level? My wife is 9 months pregnant and would like to swim too.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it safe to swim

If you can see the bottom and have between the minimum recommended and shock level of FC in the pool it's safe to swim.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is it safe to swim

Okay. Yes I can see the bottom very well but it's still little bit cloudy.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub