Ok to swim in algae?

jacton

Aug 26, 2013
Sand Springs, OK
I've got a pool party planned for Saturday. I've been fighting algae this week. The pool is finally clearing up, it was cloudy with dead algae so I put in some clarifier today and it now looks much better, I can see the bottom of the pool! However I haven't passed the overnight test yet (dropped 3 ppm of chlorine).

I'm brushing constantly and although the pool is clear now, when I brush the bottom of the pool it kicks up a bit of a green cloud. Is it okay to swim in if the FC and PH are right (my PH is at 7.4, CYA of 40, and FC around 16)

Unfortunately I've ran out of R-0871 and can't find it locally, so I have to wait until next week when shipment comes in.

So is it okay to swim in if my test are okay and it's clear?

If it settles to the floor overnight, turn off the pump and then vacuum it to waste and then refill. It will not make if perfect with it will be faster... this assumes your fill water is cheap and clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.