Leak in SWG

bonsai

Aug 29, 2013
I have a leak where the clear plastic housing for the electrolytic cell and the clear inflow tube section join. There is no crack - its where the two insert together- it appears to be glued and doesn't want to readily come apart.

What should I use to repair

<sigh>

Its an intex 8110.... No I don't have a picture. But if you look at the pic in THIS post...

intex-swg-leaking-t66256.html

It would be a little to the right of where his arrows where two pieces come together, one inserting into the other and apparently glued... there is about a 1" loss of bonding.

Perhaps the more accurate/better question(s) is

a) Is it better to glue or seal with something like RTF or a caulking substance?
b) If glue is the better approach, what to use on clear plastic... ?

The hose side is flanged and it fits into a sleeve... It appears to be glued i.e., is cloudy, where the two faces join. but it seems like they could be forced apart to service the titanium(?) electrode.

Since this appears to be a baseline model of SWG that was a freebie, I guess I'll nurse it along as long as I can...

A co-worker suggested the same- there's a two part he recommended but said it might be brittle; I'll give it a shot and report back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.