Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wait Time Between Chemicals?

1. Back To Top    #1

Wait Time Between Chemicals?

What is the rule of thumb for time between adding chemicals. For example tonight I need to add some bleach and some muriatic acid. Prior to switching to BBB the Bio-Guard printout from the pool store always said to wait some certain time between adding any two ingredients. Is there any validity to that and if so, what are the guidelines?
    Coppell, TX
    11,000 gallons
    DE Filter
    In Ground/Pebbletec

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wait Time Between Chemicals?

For these two chemicals, you do need to wait. Keep the pump on and wait at least 1/2 hour between these two a together they are explosive.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Wait Time Between Chemicals?

Here is an older thread on it. Note the advice regarding storage, as well.

adding-bleach-and-muriatic-acid-at-the-same-time-t15908.html
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska