So we purchased a house with a pool last fall and have not had very many problems, however recently we've had the following problems:
Our set up is as follows:
Spa that over flows into pool.
Our pad consists of the following:
- 3 inflows (1 from hot tub and 2 from pool..........skiimmers (2) and drains (2)). Inflow from spa is turned off.
- Inflows go through pump (pump has small air bubbles at the top, but nothing major) to DE filter
- Out filter to heater then through a Venturi valve (oxygenator hooked up here). Don't know what the venturi does or what the setting needs to be on.
- Through a tube set up that is supposed to add minerals
- Back to the pool via the hot tub and jets in pool (set to send water to both).
Recently I've noticed that upon start up we get a huge explosion of air out of the jets in the pool. They stop after a while, but then small bubbles continue.
We've also noticed that occasionally the hot tub will lose some water over night and be about 2 inches lowere in the morning (pump not on at night).
So last night I was looking at the set up and noticed that when the pump turned off, it sounded as if the filter was emptying water (I'm assuming towards the pool and then filling up with air...........but have no idea where the air can be coming in at).
The air coming into the pool is starting to effect the Polaris unit effectiveness.