Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Steady drip on Return Hose

1. Back To Top    #1

Steady drip on Return Hose

I just installed a new liner new skimmer and return. The skimmer/return didn't come with very good instructions and I didn't find this website until afterwards. So here's my question. Now that I have a constant drip on the outside of my pool on the return hose, what's the best way to fix it??? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Steady drip on Return Hose

My return has three sections that screw together, two on the outside. While tightening one, I started to losen the other, accidentally. See if that's what's happening....the other thing is my hose attaches to this outer part. It's secured with a clamp. Try tightening the clamp, if you have the same setup, it's also helpful to wrap teflon tape around the connections before clamping them.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the response. I've been thinking about using the plumbers tape since I screwed it all together and have been kicking myself in the butt for not doing it sooner. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

4. Back To Top    #4

Morris, IL

Use the plumbers tape, and then take some plumbers grease and put it on the top of the tape. This will lube it up so it will spin in easier. I have done this on plumbing stuff for years, and this year I did it with the pool and it works awesome. Not one leak anywhere. Last year it leaked all year.

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2