Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Programming my pump and SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Programming my pump and SWG

The size of your pool in gallons = 4000
    If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)= IG
    If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass=PEBBLE
    The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the size, model number or flow rate of the filter.=150 SQUARE FOOT PENTAIR CARTRIDGE
    If you know, please tell us the size pump in HP. Also mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.=INTELLIFLO VARIABLE SPEED PROGRAMMABLE PUMP
    Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old. FEB 2013
    Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner =SWG

How long and at what speed should I run my pump each day for optimum chlorine levels?

2. Back To Top    #2

Dallas, TX

Re: Programming my pump and SWG

There are too many variables. The short answer is to run the pump as long as it takes to keep your pool clean, then program the SWG to run at a percentage that keeps your FC in proper range given the pump run time. It may be the pump has to run longer than necessary to keep it clean in order to keep FC in range.

Variables include CYA level, amount of sun the pool gets, bather load, differences in the SWG from one to another, amount of GPM the pump is running, etc.

Please add your pool's current test results and your SWG model. We can try to guestimate, but really it's a trial and error affair.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Programming my pump and SWG

Check out this article in Pool School:

Set the require pump run time, then dial in the SWG output.

Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!