Hayward 2030 filter clamp

Not sure if it is similar to the DE clamps, but I alternate using a rubber mallet to lightly seat the band all around and then tighten the bolt/nut ... ends up requiring very little torque because the band is better seated with the mallet.

I am going to try the mallet idea. I have a Harbor Freight ratcheting wrench I had dedicated to the filter clamp on my filter. I don't measure how much force it is, I clamp it tight enough to make it not leak. If it leaks, I turn off the pump and make the band tighter.

mpnret said:
Both my Hayward DE filters had a spring on the mechanism that you tighten. Manual says to tighten just till the spring coils touch.

And if you alternate tapping with a mallet, you can get them touching with VERY little force. If you do not tap and seat the band ... it takes a LOT of force to get the band tight and the springs to touch and this is when people snap the bolts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.