PH not registering on test kit

dhoglund said:
No I have not tested the tap water but good idea. As far as adding five drops of red.to two ounces of water, I cant tell you why it isn't changing color but it is not (to be fair it might change it a little but no where near anything on the color block and closer to clear than any other color)

Two ounces of water? If you are using the regular color block, there is nowhere near two ounces of sample.

I guessed at the two ounces, it is a standard test kit you would get at home depot. What is strange is it.has always worked before so I think the person who told me the solution might be bad is on the right track

dhoglund said:
When I add the drops I can see the red as they go in but when I mix it the result is almost clear.

It comes in different strengths for different vials. If you got a reagent intended for a smaller vial, it may not turn the liquid dark enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.