Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Vacuum Port Cover

Vacuum Port Cover

The vacuum line on my in-ground gunite pool currently has a slip fitting. I would like to put a spring loaded port cover on the port, but it looks like they are only available for threaded ports. Is there a cover available for slip fittings, or a way to replace the current slip fitting with a threaded one?

Re: Vacuum Port Cover

Presumably you could ream out the existing hole and then tap threads into it for the threaded port cover, but if anything goes south you could end up with a mess that's not easily repaired.
    8.5k gallon IG pebble sheen play pool with Intellitouch control, Intellifo VF, IC 20, Rainbow tab feeder (not currently in use), Pentaire mystery cartridge filter with labels faded to the point I have no idea on the model, Intellibrite 5g LED light, Hayward Navigator. Adding IntelliPh and Crestron control next.