Splash Super Pool ground leveling requirements

Aug 6, 2013
Required privacy fence has been built, great deal on used pool scored, can't find a bobcat operator to save my soul!!! Remind me again that I can't just till the ground, smooth it out, put 2 inch 4X8 foam panels over that and set up. Ground is slightly sloped, probably not more than 4-6 inches variable overall, molehills. Help! I want my dream fulfilled before snowfall!

Ground has been leveled by a pro! Now....My local splash super pool dealer told me that it would be best if I put pavers under the legs of my pool even if I have splash boxes. If I'm putting the 1/2" 4x8 polystyrean panels under my pool, can I get 1/2" pavers so I don't have to dig to make a higher paver flush to the ground or is it too much weight to put on a 1/2" paver?

13x25 Splash Super Pool
9600 gal.

Well, I've tried to upload a pic but can't seem to figure that out.
Pool is up, filled, stabilized, closed and covered. I'm content that I may have a useable Splash Super pool next summer! My question is about erosion. We had to go down about 12" on three sides of the pool to get to level. Do I need to run a french drain around the pool to prevent wash out this coming spring? I was planning on sloping some back-fill dirt down to the legs (not suppose to have dirt next to the vinyl) and planting winter rye or wheat to add some stabilization but wondering if the drain should go in or if that is even necessary. Not sure where it would drain to now that it's level!
Thanks,
Renae

I would love to however, I can't seem to make that work even though I'm a fairly "can do" girl. I clicked the "img' button, placed my curser in the middle and hit "ctrl v" after I had copied the pic I wanted. Nuthin. One would think it would work like any other sytem.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
20140717_081412_zpswyksmghn.jpg

I decided that I wouldn't build a deck. I love that the Splash Super Pool is so easy to put up and take down. If I sell the house, it will go with me and I didn't want to incur the expense of a deck. I see many hard sided AG pools for sale on Craig's list, all with the codicil, "You have to take it down if you want it". I don't have kids so the upkeep on this baby was next to nothing. I back washed and shocked a few times plus kept the floating chlorine thing with one puck in it. Added about 4 cups of Ph up throughout the summer. I'm loving the fast growing lemon grass and red fountain grass on the filter side. I never could figure out the vacum system that comes with the pool but the cordless vacum I bought (119$) works just fine. I will never not have a pool as long as I can help it! Thanks Trouble Free Pool for the great tips! I found good help from Youtube videos as well. It is like learning a new language if you've never done this before! See you next summer!

Attachments

• my splash!.jpg
    my splash!.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.