Calcium build up on pump exterior

Aug 30, 2011
Tacoma, WA
I noticed last night that there is a significant what I assume to be calcium buildup on the outside of my pump. Is this a sign that I am losing water through my pump, and also what is this saying about my chemistry? I don't know how long this has been going on, but I am thinking it's a sign that I need to attend to one or more things in the very near future.

Thanks.

Sounds like one of the seals is leaking a little and once the water evaporates, it leaves behind the residue.

You should be able to buy a "go-kit" and get all the seals/o-rings. May want to open the pump up and see where the leak is occurring first.

Add a picture showing where the build-up is.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this. I have been laid up with the flu. Man did that knock me out!

Here's a cell phone pic of what's going on. You can see the calcium that I knocked off the pump on the floor. Think it's time to rebuild the pump? I will have to look again, but I do not think there is anything above the pump to leak down on it.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.