Aqua Rite Chlorine Generators

My chlorinator kept telling me that it was low on salt. The water tasted salty so I had the Turbo cell tested to make sure "it" was was not the problem.
The Turbo cell passed, so I was advised to drain the pool 4 feet and add the necessary water to restart the chlorinator. So, I was just wondering if there was a way to re-calibrate the chlorinator like a fresh start. The pool is filling back up so I will see today if it starts over refreshed. Thanks alot !!

How old is the cell? When they start to go bad, they tend to start reading a salt level lower than reality. Have you independently tested the pool salt level?

I have NO idea why they think that replace water to lower the salt level in the pool is going to make the SWG read a HIGHER salt level ... that is completely illogical ... but within lines of what pool stores are good at ... problem we do not understand, well time to replace some water. :hammer:

The cell is about is about 6 yrs old, but it was tested at the pool store. The water was tested there, and the reading I was told, was about 5700. My average readings are at 3200. That's why I had to lower the water, and refill the pool. Doing that as we speak, thanks !!

Well, likely you will end up with the cell not generating now because it is going to think the salt level is too low.
General lifespan of a cell seems to be about 3-5 years.
I am very curious to know what they do to test the cells.

They attach the cell to another system of pvc piping and add salt water. The tester is turned on and runs for about a minute. At the end of the cycle, the message board states "passed". So I just assumed it was correct since they are in that type of business. Thanks for responding.

But what does "passed" mean? {I don't expect you to be able to answer, but you can see my thinking}
That it turned on?
That it actually generated something?
That it actually read the correct salt level and generated?

I am curious to see how this turns out, but pretty confident I know what will happen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.