Liquidator Installation - Thread size of pump drain plug?

May 22, 2013
Dallas, TX
I have a Hayward Northstar single-speed pump and am getting ready to install a new Liquidator. Does anyone happen to know the thread size on the pump drain plug? The manual exploded view does not give the size. I need to buy a replacement piece with a barb to install the Liquidator output port.

Re: Liquidator Installation - Thread size of pump drain plug

That sounds way too small. Just looking at the plug, it looks like 3/4". There are two plugs. One is beneath the basket and the other is at the base of the pump. I'm assuming the Liquidator line goes into the pump housing drain plug, right? If so, it is definitely bigger than 1/4". I just hate to have to take the thing out and take it down to the hardware store, resulting a a large loss of water into the yard. I was hoping to not flood my yard too badly by quickly removing the plug and replacing it with the barbed fixture that has clamped off tubing attached.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.