Another Metals Question

May 23, 2007
Michigan
My pool was originally filled over 10 years ago with city water and I have been topping it of with well water ever since. Over the last couple of years the metal content appears to have gotten high enough to show very slight staining on my white plastic steps so I started adding Magic Jacks Purple stuff and everything is fine as long as I keep adding it on a regular basis. Now with my questions:

1. I live in Michigan and close my pool for months at a time. Since I won't add Magic Jacks over the winter will the sequestrate break down and stain the pool over the winter ?

2. I don't have a pool store close by to test the pool for metals but I want to know how much there is. The bucket test only seems to show if they exist and not necessarily how much. The reason I ask is because I purchased some of the CuLater bags and I want to test the water for metals prior to using them to see if they actually work.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.