Test results ...

5300 gal Above ground /Clear water, anything needed here::

FC 8.5
    CC 0.5
    PH 7.8
    TA 150
    CYA 35

Been using -Liquid Chlor/Borax as needed
    15ft Round, Above Ground , Rheem 106K Heater , Black Diamond 90 Cartridge Filter, Pool Frog(disconnected) ,TF-100, City of Chicagos finest H20

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test results ...

Looks pretty good...your FC is a little higher than it needs to be, but won't harm anything. I would lower your ph down to 7.2 and repeat that everytime it gets back up to 7.8...these Muriatic Acid additions will also slowly lower your TA which eventually will reduce how fast your ph is going up.

How much FC are you losing each day?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

I just comming off a slam ... I was losing about 3ppm a day , even with the pool solar covered. So i brought the FC up to 15 a few days ago. Its comming down gradually being 95deg here in chicago. I was a little concerned about the TA being 150. But ph hasnt been a problem.
    15ft Round, Above Ground , Rheem 106K Heater , Black Diamond 90 Cartridge Filter, Pool Frog(disconnected) ,TF-100, City of Chicagos finest H20

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like you are in good shape then.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks again !